Mobile navigation

How do I request to take my pension?

The retirement process

Once you have decided on the date that you would like to retire, you will then need to request taking your pension benefits.

Currently paying in as an active member

You must request to take retirement through your employer. They will then write to Wiltshire Pension Fund  (WPF), usually one month prior to  your retirement date providing the relevant forms and pay details. 

If you have an additional deferred record, you will have the option to take all pension benefits at the same time or you can request to take them separately, the option will be included in your retirement pack. 

Deferred members, who have stopped paying into the LGPS

You must notify Wiltshire Pension Fund that you would like to take your pension benefits.

In order for us process your pension into payment we must receive

  • Completed forms from your employer
  • if you have AVC's we will contact your AVC provider(s) to request payment and wait for this to arrive 

Once all the above has been received we can start to process your retirement and a retirement pack will be sent to you within 5 working days.

Please note there will be a delay in processing your pension, and in sending out your retirement pack if the above is not received or we need to query the information provided by your employer. 


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon